Your privacy is very important to us
Information you give us
- We ask for your name, e-mail address, date of birth, telephone number, billing address, shipping address and payment details when you purchase items from the site. We will also ask for this information when you register an account on the site. We may ask for your details when you purchase or return items from the site as your order number, order date, name and e-mail address . We will generate an order number which will be linked to your details when you place an order on the site.
- You may also give us information about you when you fill in forms on the site, for example when you register to subscribe to our newsletters and emails, when you enter into our prize draws, competitions and other promotions, when you complete forms to receive particular offers. In such circumstances you may provide additional information about you such as details of your Social Media accounts, posts and preferences.
- You must ensure in all instances that the information you provide is personal to you and no one else (for example you must only provide an email address that only accessible by you and not any other person. You should not use another person’s email address).
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that we work with to get your purchases to you, such as a payment service providers (Mollie) and delivery companies (PostNL)
- Professional service providers, such as website hosts (Hosting2Go) and review systems (Kiyoh), who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- In order to offer you the payment methods of Klarna, we have to transfer personal data of you to Klarna. This only happens when you choose to pay with Klarna. Klarna uses the data to assess whether you can use the payment methods. The personal details are your name, address, telephone number, payment history and the details of your order, such as the payment method, the delivery address, the ordered products and the like. Your personal data will be processed by Klarna in accordance with the applicable personal data protection law and as described in Klarna’s privacy statement.
Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as it’s needed to be able to provide the services to you. In the case of any contact you may have with our customer care, for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting.
You have the right to access any information held about you, the right to request correction of inaccurate personal information and the right to request that we delete your data. If you want to exercise any of your rights, have a complaint, or just have a question, please contact us. You also, always have the right to complain to your data protection regulator — in The Netherlands that’s Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
We use the following cookies on our website:
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to cart” and “Add to wishlist”.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on OnTheBlock, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found here . Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
You can enable cookies by following the steps below depending on your browser:
- Click on ‘Safari’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option;
- Click on ‘Security’ then ‘Accept cookies’;
- Select the ‘Only from site you navigate to’.
Mozilla Firefox (OSX)
- Click on ‘Mozilla’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option;
- Scroll down until you see cookies under ‘Privacy & Security’;
- Select ‘Enable cookies for the originating web site only’.
- Click on ‘Menu’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Settings’;
- Then select ‘Preferences’, select the ‘Advanced’ tab;
- Then select ‘Accept cookies’ option.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them (including blocking them) visit aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window). Please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites.